British Council GREAT Scholarships
In order to support more Malaysian students to study in the UK, the British Council, together with five UK universities, has launched the GREAT Scholarships 2020 – Malaysia campaign.With ten taught
postgraduate scholarships on offer, the total value of the scholarship scheme up to £100,000. This new scholarship scheme will offer an exciting opportunity for Malaysian students wishing to get financial support to pursue postgraduate study in the UK.
Students can apply for taught postgraduate courses in subjects including law, business, art and design, biosciences, IT and more at five institutions across England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
Steps for Applicants
Step 1: Check your eligibility
- Are you a Malaysian passport holder?
- Do you plan to pursue taught postgraduate studies in the UK?
- Is the course that you have applied for or are applying for starting in September 2019?
Step 2: Browse listed universities/scholarships and click on specific items to access detailed informationStep 3: Apply for individual scholarships following the instructions given on individual universities’ scholarship webpagesStep 4: Winning scholars will be informed by individual universities on the results of their applicationsStep 5: Funding of the scholarships will be issued to winning scholars by individual universities after registration
- Aberystwyth University | Choose Aberystwyth University and you’ll be studying in a location like no other. On the west coast of Wales between Cardigan Bay and the Cambrian Mountains, you’ll be part of a friendly, safe, outward-looking comunity where the far horizon inspires ambition and aspiration. A place where students have been coming since 1872, drawn by our reputation for teaching excellence and an exceptional student experience.The 2018 National Student Survey of half a million final-year undergraduates showed that Aberystwyth students are among the most satisfies in the whole of the United Kingdom. This reflects the calibre of the education we offer as well as recent investments of over £100m in enhancing and extending our already excellent residential and teaching facilities.
- University of Kent | One of the UK’s leading universities, University of Kent is placed in the top 500 of world universities by ShanghaiRangking’s ARWU 2018. We offer outstanding teaching, world-leading research, stunning study locations and a superb student experience.With an active Malaysian student society and over 200 Malaysian students, Kent offers outstanding teaching, world-leading research, beautiful study locations in Canterbury, Medway and mainland europe and a superb student experience.Excelling in Actuarial Science, Architecture and much more, Kent offers a welcoming environment for students fro over 140 countries.
- Queen’s University Belfast | Queen’s University Belfast was established in 1845 and is the UK’s ninth oldest university and the top UK university on the island of Ireland. A city-based campus located in Belfast – one of the top 10 UK destinations, as voted by Trip Advisor 2015.Queen’s is ranked 180 of universities in the world (QS World University Rankings 2019) and is a member of the UK’s Russell Group.
- University of Stirling | At the University of Stirling, being the difference is in our DNA. That’s why we’re regularly recognised across the globe for excellence in teaching, research and offering a world-class student experience. We educate with purpose and our high-quality courses develp graduates who are highly sought after by employers with more than 97% of our undergraduate students and 96%of our postgraduate leavers on to work or further study within 6 months (Destination of Leavers from HE survey, 2016/17)
- The University of Warwick | The University of Warwick is a world-leading university born out of boldness, imagination and collaboration between the City of Coventry and the Country of Warwickshire; from the moment its first 450 students arrived in 1965, we’ve been forward-focused.Today over 26,500 students thrive across our 4 faculties, which feature more than 70 research centres and institutes. We have a constant presence in the rankings of the UK’s and the world’s greatest universities, and are the third most targeted institution nationally by the UK’s top 100 employers (The Graduate Market in 2018, High Fliers Research Ltd)