Malaysia International Scholarship
The Malaysia International Scholarship (MIS) is an initiative by the Malaysian Government to attract the best brain from around the world to pursue advanced academic studies in Malaysia. This scholarship aims to support Malaysian Government’s effort to attract, motivate and retain talented human capital from abroad.
Talented international students with excellent academic records and outstanding co-curricular backgrounds are welcomed to apply for this scholarship and further their studies in any selected and well-established Malaysian public and private universities.
This scholarship is divided into two (2) categories of study: Postgraduate and Post-doctoral Studies
Mar 31, 2017
Not be more than 45 years of age during application.
Obtained a minimum of Second Class Upper (Honours) or a CGPA of 3.5/4.0 at Bachelor Degree Level for Master’s Degree applicants and for PhD candidates must possess CGPA 3.5/4.0 or very good result at Master’s degree level in a similar field of intended PhD study. In addition, for post-doctoral programme, the selection will be evaluated based on the number of books produced, refereed/non refereed journals, portfolio and patent copyright. The Post-Doctoral candidate must have excellent reputation in research and possesses knowledge related to the research to be carried out.
Took one of the following English Language Proficiency Test not more than two years before the date of application. The list of tests and minimum scores required:
IELTS Academic Test with a score of at least 6.5; or
TOEFL paper-based test with a score of at least 580 or computer-based test with a score of at least 230 or internet-based test with a score at least 92.
In excellent health condition and certified by a Certified Doctor/Medical Professional. The cost of medical examination is to be borne by the applicants
Wrote a proposal that is relevant to the needs and interests of Malaysia (research-based programme only)
Has applied for and gained admission to postgraduate and post-doctoral studies in Malaysia (conditional letters of offer will be accepted at the time of application or has a confirmation of acceptance or affiliation with the universities in Malaysia).
- Air tickets from recipient’s capital city to Malaysia
- An approved tuition fees
- Monthly maintenance allowance
- Annual grant for books and internal travel
- Medical / Health Insurance
- Installation and Termination grant
- Thesis allowance (will be paid at the beginning of research (after proposal defense) and the balance will be paid only upon submission of the thesis) – For PhD and Post-Doctoral only
- A conference travel grant and journal publication grant (PhD and Post-Doctoral only)
- Science and Engineering
- Agriculture and Fisheries
- Economics and Islamic Finance
- Information and Communication Technology
- Biosecurity and Food Safety
- Infrastructure and Utility
- Environmental Studies
- Health not including nursing, medicine, clinical pharmacy.
* Applicants may choose any related course within the field/areas mentioned above
How to Apply
All applications should be made ONLINE through Ministry of Higher Education’s portal.
- Register your Passport Number or National Identification Number, password and email address.
- Login to online application form and fill in all section completely.
- Please ensure all information is correct before you print the application and logout.
- Please attach printed application form together with the following documents:
- Recent passport size photograph.
- Completed Medical Report.
- A certified copy of current passport showing evidence of citizenship.
- A certified copy of academic transcript, testimonials and/or references relating to the relevant study, co-curriculum activities, achievements.
- A clear and precise study or research plan
- A certified copy of English Language proficiency certificate (Test of English as a Foreign Language/TOEFL or International English Language Testing Service/IELTS)
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Admission letter from Malaysian University.
- Two letters of recommendation from two (2) people who can act as referees to support your application.
- Endorsement Form.
- You are required to complete the two Letters of Recommendation from two referees, Endorsement Form and Medical Report. Please bring printed ONLINE application form and required documents to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or the relevant agency responsible for the MIS scholarship in your country to get the endorsement.
- Scan all documents stated above in PDF format and LOGIN to MIS Online Application. [How to convert documents to PDF format]
- You are required to attach the documents and click SUBMIT button to submit the application. You will see the notification message when the process is done. All the application is fully online. No hard copy is required. Bring the hard copy of application form and original certificate during the interview session.
MINISTRY OF EDUCATION MALAYSIA
LEVEL 2, NO 2, TOWER 2
JALAN P5/6, PRECINT 5
FEDERAL GOVERNMENT ADMINISTRATIVE CENTRE
Email: [email protected]
Phone : +603 8870 6000 (click here for extension)