Tunku Abdul Rahman (BTAR) Scholarship
The scholarship is open to all, focusing especially on high-potential students with a strong financial need to cover the expenses of the university’s tuition fees and living expenses during the course of the study. We encourage all Malaysians from all fields of study to apply as all applications will be reviewed individually and holistically by the YTAR team. Among the selection criteria that we look for in the selection process are:
- The capability to overcome challenges and persevere in setting and achieving personal goals, regardless of setbacks.
Paired with a passion for self-development through active participation in extracurricular activities and leadership. We consider:
- 3.00 CGPA or equivalent for STPM / Foundation / Matriculation / Diploma, OR
- BBB for A-Level
- Note: Please enclose your SPM results in your application for our reference
- Note: Students who do not meet this academic requirement but are highly active in extracurricular activities and leadership are still strongly encouraged to apply
Priority will be given to the following:
- Household income of RM4,000 or less
- First in the family to go to university
- Candidates who have had to overcome significant challenges
- Having leadership experience (in clubs or societies) with a specific goal in mind to influence others and drive change in Malaysia within your own personal capacity (inside and outside of the university).
PASSION TO LEARN
- We celebrate students with eager minds and intellectual curiosity to explore their fields of study and beyond.